WDS - Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy - complements EDS by offering excellent peak separation, accurate trace element analysis, and optimised element detection for low and high energy X-rays to provide...
"Microprobe Accuracy on an SEM"
- Accurate quantitative analysis below 500 ppm
- Less than 10eV resolution for resolving important overlaps like Sulfur/Molybdenum
- Easily and unambiguously determines the distribution of all elements in a sample even where peaks overlap
- Up to 100 times more sensitive than an EDS system for trace element detection
- Most accurate elemental analysis available for SEM rivals EPMA accuracy with WD for trace elements and ED for major elements using XPP quantitative correction algorithms
Currently using WDS and want to get the most out of your system? We offer multiple training courses all throughout the year.